The complete K-12 Curriculum Frameworks for Social Studies can be found on the New Hampshire Department of Education's web site at;
.From the Framework:
What is Social Studies education? The study of the Social Studies involves an examination of how humans, in the past and present, have:
- interacted with the physical and cultural environments.
- developed philosophic, religious, artistic, economic, and political systems.
- used the world's limited resources for the advantage of both individuals and groups.
- participated as informed public citizens in the life of their communities and nation.
- gained personal and societal knowledge and applied it in daily living.
- made choices both individually and as groups and lived with the consequences of these
- made choices over time and in all regions of the world.